Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pizza + Running = :(

I'm pretty sure I know better, but trying to eat pizza, even a low-cal one, less than 30 min before you try to run is bad news. Now, in my defense, I've eaten lots of different types of cuisine right before I've run, without similar side effects, so I didn't think this pizza would be different. I will freely admit that I WAS WRONG. I thought I was going to die before I even made it 2 miles and then I forced myself to walk, in pain, for the last 3. I thought the pizza was good while I was eating it, but while I was attempting to run, I realized I hated it. I guess I'm not going to eat the Green Mill pizza again.

August 2 = 5 miles

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I could have told you that a pizza takes several hours digest before it's ok to run. There are three things I can eat before i go for a run: a banana, 1/2 a bagel, or as much cake as I can cram in my face :D

Angenette said...

Oh, yogurt works for me, too. Honestly, though, I can eat as much pizza as I want before running. It must be all those years of conditioning (with the pizza, not the running).

Wait, you also had a problem with indian food if I remember well.