Friday, September 9, 2011

Destination: Deer Valley

So, my lungs still burn but I somehow I know it isn't going to get better sitting on the couch so I make myself go out and run. Last night's destination was Deer Valley Resort (Snow Park lodge to be exact). It is an interesting phenomenon here; there are mountain bikers all over the place but I've only seen maybe 4 other runners on all the days I've been running. Apparently, unlike in Minnesota, where it seems like EVERYONE runs, no one here runs. I've even been honked and waved at and last night someone took out their phone to take a picture (The path was closed so I had to make a slight detour through the Main Street area). I'm sure it wasn't my pained face, inability to gulp oxygen into my lungs, or my brilliantly white legs that inspired him to pull out his phone to capture me running through the tourist zone.
September 8: 5 miles
September 7: 4 miles

2 comments:

Angenette said...

Did you flip him off as he was taking your pic?

Natalie said...

I wanted to...